Founder and Principal Solicitor / Director of Family Law Matters, Antonella has been dedicated to focusing her career in Family Law since University days, having completed Family Law and Advanced Family Law as part of her degree, and undertaking an Honours thesis on the topic of parenting matters in the context of family violence.
Working in the legal industry since commencing her law degree in 1994, Antonella has worked predominantly in Family Law since 1997.
Being the fastidious type, Antonella enjoys assisting clients with complex property challenges such as multiple corporate and trust entities, superannuation splitting and asset protection with Binding Financial Agreements. In addition, Antonella feels strongly about helping clients achieve settlement in parenting matters, including giving her clients ideas and options to help them focus on the best interests of their children.
Antonella has been invited to speak on a range of topics, to help educate other lawyers in the profession, and to other services that connect with family law such as accountants, real estates and community groups. Her dedication and experience has lead Antonella to be appointed to the Family Issues Committee of The Law Society of New South Wales in 2016. This prestigious position reflects the impeccable reputation Antonella has developed during her career.
Antonella was a single mother for 8 years, and brings a unique understanding of just how it feels to be going through separation and divorce, as well as the complexities of raising children after separation. Now having re-partnered, Antonella carries a knowledgeable perspective on parenting in a blended family.
Running a business and raising a child doesn’t leave much spare time, but when the opportunity arises Antonella enjoys photography, diving, singing and listening to jazz.
- Bachelor of Laws; Family Law, Advanced Family Law, Honours
- Accredited Family Law Specialist
- Arbitrator; Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators
- Collaborative Family Lawyer
- Admitted to practise in the High Court of Australia
- Admitted to practise in the Supreme Court of NSW
- Committee Member, Family Issues Committee, Law Society of New South Wales
- Member, Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators
- Member, Law Society of New South Wales
- Member, Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Member, Family Law Committee of the Sutherland Shire Regional Law Society
- Member, Women Lawyers Association of NSW
- Member, Cronulla Chamber of Commerce (previous Secretary)
- Secretary, Parent Support Committee, 1st Caringbah Scouts
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Contributions; Still a hot topic – 11th Annual Family Conference by Television Education Network (2016)
- Consent Orders; The Good, The Bad & The Ugly – Young Lawyers (2016)
- Inheritance as a factor in Family Property Disputes – Family Law Television Network (2015)
- Managing Mental Health – Family Law Television Education Network (2015)
- Application for Consent Orders – Young Lawyers (2015)
- Family Law Case Watch October 2014 – Family Law Television Education Network (2014)
- Child Support Presentation – Young Lawyers Annual Family Law Day (2014)
- Presentation on the Harman Obligation and Child Support Interaction with the Family Court – Family Law Committee of the Sutherland Shire Regional Law Society (2014)
- Child Support Presentation -Institute of Public Accountants, Kogarah (2012)
- Family Law Presentation – Institute of Public Accountants, Kogarah (2011)